Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Through Th3 Wall Challenge

Lester Burnham: I figured you guys might be able to give me some pointers. I need to shape up. Fast.
Jim Olmeyer: Are you just looking to lose weight, or do you want increased strength and flexibility as well?
Lester Burnham: I want to look good naked!
~American Beauty 1990 Oscar Winner for Best Picture
-----------------------
So about a month or so after I started my getting back into shape program I came across this on one of the Triathlon blogs I read: Through Th3 Wall which is done by one of the hosts of the Get Your Geek On Triathlon Podcast. Basically I guess it is a yearly off season contest the lady does with other triathletes in the blogosphere so I decided to sign up since I could use a years supply of DryMax socks if I win plus I need that sense of competition to keep me motivated.

I feel I am at a disadvantage since I started a few weeks before and weighed more and had my first big loses before the contest started but since it is based on % of body fat lost I still might do well but mainly my goal is to slim down...winning is secondary.

So the verdict for this week...
Lost 2.5 lbs for a new weight of 218.5 which is 2.5 where I wanted to be for my races but I am satisfied with it. I am not sure what I weighed back when I did the Pine Bush in July but I am almost 20lbs lighter now and I can really tell it when I am out riding the bike.

Anyway tomorrow or Friday I will preview the race Sunday so stay tuned... I am off to start getting my transition gear together. No Spin tomorrow morning as I have to taper off and recover for the race

No comments: