Thursday, October 16, 2008

5 Year Plan


So it has bee almost a month since my last race of the season.

Since then I have mainly been doing Spinning classes in the morning and evening. I have also plateaued with my weight loss which has been rather frustrating.

Starting Monday I am getting back on the horse...I have my first session with my Personal Trainer whom I met and talked to this evening before Spin class. This is going to be good because not only will I start working on strength training but I will have someone there making sure I do it correctly and efficiently.

I think a large part of the last few weeks is that I don't have a race coming up until next year so the idea that I need to be training seriously and there is no deadline. In college and grad school I always worked better when I had a set date that I had to have a project finished.

So I have decided to set a goal of completing an Iron Man Triathlon in 2013. That give me more than enough time to get in shape and gradually increase the length of races that I do in order to build up to the 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile Bike, and 26.2 mile run. If I keep on track then by the time I am 35 I will achieve this goal.

Will it happen...I hope but who knows...We all know how well the 5 plans worked for the Communists.

No comments: