Monday, October 6, 2008

Not With a Bang but a Whimper

This is the way the season ends Not with a bang but a whimper.*
*Apologies to T.S. Eliot, "The Hollow Men"

I am hereby declaring an end to Season 1:


Overall it was a good season...little did I know I was going to catch the Tri bug like I did. I originally thought that after the PineBush I would find a new hobby to distract myself from this boring life I have. I wish it hadn't have ended like it did with the last race being canceled but I have beat that dead horse enough and no one likes to hear a whinner.

So over the season I have
-dropped 25 lbs
-got back into riding a bike after 13 or so years
-swam the Lake Placid Iron Man course
-got some really cool t-shirts (the real reason)
L-R: Triclub shirt, Pinebush, Fantastic Nantasket, Buzzard's Bay*
*recieved my goodie bag from Buzzard's Bay race in the mail(shirt is XXL I thought I had ordered an XL)

But there is no off season here...I am going to start working with a personal trainer here in the next few weeks so I can be ready for when tri club starts up in January...ie drop another 20 lbs, build up muscles and

I have learned what works well and not so well giving me no excuses next year.

Wake me up when December ends*
*Apologies to Green Day

No comments: